Mathematics (Core) at Bristol Brunel Academy
Appreciate Maths but not taking it at A Level? Taking A Level Maths but need better mastery? Do your A level choices include a science, psychology or geography?
Core mathematics is a new course for Post-16 students. Whilst the qualification will be rolled-out nationally in September 2015, we have been awarded the fantastic opportunity to be early-adopters of this exciting new course.
It may be equivalent to an AS over two years (although it is not an AS) with UCAS points accredited.
This is a great opportunity to continue mathematics, looking at real life problems and would boost your conceptual understanding.
Grade C or above in GCSE Mathematics.
100% Examination, marked externally with 20% of the content at Level 3. The other 80% will be based around the 2015 GCSE level 2 concepts. Modules will take elements such as personal finance, real-life statistics and operational research.
Core Mathematics either on its own or with a myriad of choices of minors including: computing, education, engineering, robotics and statistics.
Actuary; accountant; aeronautical engineer; financial risk analyst; investment analyst; investment banker; meteorologist; operational researcher; research scientist; statistician; systems developer; teacher.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bristol Brunel Academy directly.