Hospitality Services (Multiskilled) Apprenticeship at Hull College Group
This course is for learners who wish to gain a recognised catering qualification whilst working in industry, in establishments such as Restaurants, Hotels, Public Houses and Café Bars.
This course will lead to:
A foundation Apprenticeship comprising of the following framework:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery) – Technical Certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Learners will complete a variety of units to make up their NVQ, which will include:
- Soups and sauces
- Rice dishes
- Fish dishes
- Meat and poultry dishes
- Health and safety
- Food safety
- Use of knives
- Other units are available and the NVQ can be adapted to suit the apprentices place of employment.
You will also work within the industry with reputable local employers, gaining valuable practical experience for which you will be paid a wage.
GCSE grades A-D in Maths and English, successful college interview, initial assessment of Maths and English, interview with employer and 2 week work trial.
Some practical assessment will take place at work.
Successful completion at this level could lead to the opportunity to complete a part-time Level 3, Advanced Apprenticeship or seek employment in industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.