Fitness Instructing Certificate at Harlow College
You will develop knowledge and practical skills in gym-based exercise. Alongside the main course you will also complete an Emergency First Aid atWork qualification and a circuit training qualification.
This course is ideal for anyone interested in the fitness industry and who wish to develop their practical skills in gym-based exercise. It comprises both practical and theoretical elements and you will be given the opportunity to develop your fitness training skills in a gym environment.
There are two exam units which include Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise & Principles of Exercise, Health and Lifestyle. Staff will ensure that you are fully prepared for your exams through additional revision sessions throughout the year. Alongside the main course you will also complete an Emergency First Aid at Work qualification and a circuit training qualification. You will be expected to complete some form of work experience related to your study programme.
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Understanding the role of nutrition in exercise
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Principles of exercise, health
- Factors affecting participation in sport and physical activity
- Leading a healthy lifestyle
- People skills in sport and active leisure
- Planning and preparation for personal exercise and nutrition
- Lifestyle factors and how they affect health
- Planning a circuit training session
- Instructing a circuit training session
4 GCSEs grades D and E or and minimum Level 1 diagnostic in Maths and English. A satisfactory pass at NVQ 1 or Introductory Diploma.
Practical assessment, exams and written coursework.
£15 for Harlow College Polo Shirt. £45 for DBS checks.
Career as a fitness instructor or within the health and fitness sector. Opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 in Sport and Exercise Sciences.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.