Women's and Men's Hairdressing (Level 2) at Central College Nottingham
The Level 2 Women’s and Men’s Hairdressing will enable you to gain a job-ready qualification based on National Occupational Standards for Hairdressing at Level 2. This qualification will equip you with the required attributes, skills, knowledge and understanding needed to perform professional hairdressing services for clients via employment or self-employment in the Hairdressing industry.
Subject areas include:
- Cut Women’s and Men’s Hair
- Shampoo, Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- Advise and Consult with Clients
- Give Customers a Positive Impression of Yourself and Your Organisation
- Change Hair Colour
- Create an Image Based on a Theme
- Ensure Responsibility for Actions to Reduce Risks to Health and Safety
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 1 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-D
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-D, we may accept one of them at Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
There is continuous assessment of each unit. You will present evidence of competence via practical assessments and production of a personal portfolio.
You can continue with further study on one of the following:
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Level 3 Diploma in Barbering
- Part-time Hairdressing related courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.