Professional Cookery Intermediate Apprenticeship at Darlington College
If you are interested in a rewarding career within the hospitality and catering industry and would like to gain experience through learning whilst working within a catering environment (work based) then this level 2 Apprenticeship could be the right choice for you.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Maintain, handle and clean knives
- Work effectively as part of the hospitality team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare and cook meat and poultry
- Prepare and cook vegetable dishes
- Prepare and cook soups
- Prepare and cook basic dough and pastry dishes etc.
(The full list of optional units will be discussed at interview)
You will need 4 GCSEs at grade D-E, including maths and English.
You will be required to attend an interview at the college for all courses and Apprenticeships and we will request a school or college report.
Upon successful completion you can progress on to the advanced Apprenticeship programme specialising in either:
- Professional Cookery Level 3 Kitchen and Larder
- Foundation Degree in Culinary Arts
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Darlington College directly.