English Language A Level at Caedmon College Whitby
This course will broaden and deepen your knowledge and understanding of how language creates who we are and the world we live in. You will develop a greater understanding of grammar and methods of analysing texts.
- Examination paper 1: How the English language is used in a variety of personal and social contexts
- Examination paper 2: The development of speech, reading and writing in children between the ages of 0 and 8
This popular course encourages a curiosity and appreciation of the English language. You will examine how contexts can influence the way we communicate and how our language helps to shape our identities. You will understand how and why our use of language develops as children.
Method of Assessment: 100% examination
There are two examination papers. There is no coursework. There are no controlled assessments.
AS English Language is a stand-alone course and is not part of the A-level English Language qualification.
- Examination paper 1: Language Variation (personal and social identity and language change)
- Examination paper 2: Child language acquisition
- Examination paper 3: Language investigation
- Coursework: creative writing and commentary
Method of Assessment:
Three examination papers: 80% of A-level
Coursework and commentary: 20% of A-level
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Caedmon College Whitby directly.