Financial Studies IFS Level 3 Certificate at Malmesbury School
This ifs has developed a comprehensive personal finance education package with qualifications that teaches students:
- understand the concept of money in all its forms, and how its value is subject to time and circumstance
- appreciate the benefits that can be derived from financial services products, and how these can contribute to achieving their personal aspirations
- develop an awareness of risk and reward, and the obligations associated with different financial solutions
- explain their understanding of the monetary and financial system
- appreciate how different external factors impact upon the bodies that regulate it
- understand the scope of the financial services industry and the bodies that regulate it
- Carries a maximum tariff of 70 UCAS points towards Higher Education Qualification.
CeFS consists of two mandatory units:
- Unit 1 – Financial Capability for the Immediate and Short Term
- Unit 2 – Financial Capability for the Medium and the Long Term
- Part A (35 x multiple choice) examination is taken in January
- Part B - Written Paper based on a pre-released case study one week later in January
- Part A (35 x Multiple choice questions) examination is taken in May/June
- Part B - Written Paper based on a pre-released case study one week later in May/June
- Multiple choice papers are assessed via the ifs e-test™ electronic testing system.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Malmesbury School directly.