Professional Cookery Intermediate Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
There are no formal entry requirements but employers are looking for those who are keen to work as part of a team and have a ‘can do’ attitude
The programme is made up of two main qualifications – an NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery and a Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles, including;
- Prepare, cook and finish basic dishes including fish and shellfish, poultry, meat, game, stocks and sauces, bread and dough, rice and pasta, soups, vegetables and pulses, hot and cold desserts, cakes and biscuits
- Health, safety and security of the working environment including food safety and hygiene practices
- Working as part of a team
- Maintain, handle and clean knives
- Ordering stock, setting up and closing kitchens.
This Apprenticeship has been designed to enable students to progress directly into employment in the industry as a sous chef, commis chef or chef de partie. This course will also suit existing chefs wishing to gain a qualification that will enhance their career prospects or to progress onto further study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.