Performing arts - BTEC Diploma in Performing Arts level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
The course will give you an excellent grounding for a career in drama and dance.
The course is very practical and you will be given many opportunities to present your work in shows over the year.
The course covers:
Four mandatory units:
- Acting skills and techniques,
- Working in the performing arts industry,
- Professional development in the performing arts industry, and
- Performing arts production process.
Two specialism units:
- Devising plays, and
- Performing scripted plays.
Plus one optional unit:
- Performing dance, including urban dance.
There are opportunities to work with practising artists in dance, drama and music.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English 3 and maths at 2 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 3 or above and an audition.
You will be assessed with:
- practical performances, and
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts level 3,
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production level 3,
- You could then go to a drama or dance school or university.
You could apply for jobs in theatre, TV or film.
Contact the college, tel: 01484 437070 or email: email@example.com
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.