Hairdressing NVQ - Level 3 at Dudley College
Mandatory units:Practical and theory of hairdressing
- Health and Safety and environmental sustainability
- Provide consultation services
- Fashion colouring
- Creative long hair techniques
- Fashion cutting
- Functional skills/GCSE resit
- Work experience and voluntary work.
Option units:Perm and neutralise, using advanced techniques
- Basic cutting of mens hair (if not already achieved at level 2)
- Colour correction
- Planning and evaluating promotional events.
You must be operating at Level 2, have salon industrial experience and hold a Level 2 hairdressing qualification.
You must be prepared to run your own column at Evolve to gain Level 3 experience and assessment opportunities.
A successful interview, including a trade test, is required.
- This includes practical assessments in the Evolve Hair & Beauty Salon.
- Theory knowledge is covered by assignments and online testing.
- Some final assessments will be conducted by external hairdressing assessors.
- There will be a final theory exam externally marked.
There is no need to worry about the costs of coming to college as there is lots of financial help available. Our finance and welfare officers will be able to talk to you about any help that may be available to you based on your individual circumstances.
Examples of financial help are:
Students aged 16-18 attending a full-time further education course can apply to the 16-18 Bursary Fund for help with college related costs. More information about the 16-18 Bursary Fund can be found at the website:https://www.gov.uk/1619-bursary-fund or by contacting our Student Finance team on 01384 363 555.
Free BUS PASS
We will provide a free bus pass to help with travel costs for 16-18* year olds on full-time programmes, based on individual circumstances**. To qualify for a free bus pass***, you must live more than one mile from the campus at which you will be studying and not already be in receipt of other financial support, such as Care to Learn funding.
*Under 19 as at 31 August 2016.
**Students with learning difficulties or disabilities who are unable to access public transport may still be able to receive help – talk to our Student Finance team.
***Evidence of family income will need to be provided.
For advice on help that may be available to you when you start college call our Student Finance team on 01384 363 555.
Salon Management Level 4 or a Teaching in Further Education Certificate.
For further information about Dudley College and the courses on offer, please visit http://www.dudleycol.ac.uk or contact Student Services on 01384 363 363.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.