Introduction to Health & Social Care and Children & Young People's Settings CACHE Level 1 Award/Certificate/Diploma at Carshalton College
The CACHE Level 1 qualification will develop the knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the Health, Social Care and Childrens and Young People's sectors.
The qualification includes the roles played by workers, from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others. In the Certificate there is the option to take units in more specialised areas such as learning disability, sensory loss or mental health.
This is an ideal course for school leavers who want a good grounding in Health and Social Care together with the chance to develop their reading and writing, numeracy and computing and employability skills.
- Understand the range of service provision and roles within health and social care (adults and children and young people), early years and childcare
- Understand the principles and values in health and social care (adults and children and young people), early years and childcare
- Awareness of protection and safeguarding in health and social care (adults and children and young people), early years and childcare
- Introduction to communication in health and social care (adults and children and young people), early years and childcare
- Introductory awareness of equality and inclusion in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Introductory awareness of health and safety in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Introductory awareness of person-centred support in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Human growth and development
- Introduction to disability awareness
- Introduction to children and young people’s development
- Understand the importance of engagement in leisure and social activities in health and social care
- Introduction to the physical care of babies and young children
- Introduction to the development of children and young people through play
- Encourage children and young people to eat healthily
- Introduction to a healthy lifestyle
- Introduction to physical disability
- Introduction to mental health
- Introductory awareness of working with others in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings
- Introductory awareness of the importance of healthy eating and drinking for adults
This qualification is part of a programme of learning which may include Functional Skills GCSE Maths and English and BTEC Work Skills.
An average of Grade E in three or more GCSEs or you will have successfully completed an Entry Level 3 programme/Foundation Learning Tier Entry Programme with the full 37 credits.
You may also be asked to demonstrate your commitment and skills in an interview. If you don't have the required entry qualifications there will be an opportunity for you to demonstrate your abilities to undertake the course.
You will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks set by CACHE such as designing charts or leaflets, coursework or methods such as oral questioning.
On successful completion of this course, you may progress on to:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate /Extended Certificate/Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce.
Part of your planned programme of study at Carshalton College gives you the opportunity to take part in an enrichment activity. These activities are designed to help with your personal development and should be treated as a very important part of your studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.