Barbering C&G Diploma Level 2 at Hugh Baird College
This course is an intermediate vocational qualification, which focusses on the development of the underlying principles and practical skills required in the barbering industry. It will provide a broad understanding of the barbering industry, alongside practical skills and knowledge.
The programme also includes studying Maths and English towards GCSE grade A-C if you do not already have these grades.
- Health and Safety
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using basic barbering techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
- Create basic patterns in hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Change men’s hair colour
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Promote additional services or products to clients
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D-G including English and Maths
- Hair and Beauty - Level 1 or relevant Level 1 qualification at Merit or above and be working towards GCSE Maths and English at grade A*- C
Entry to all courses are subject to a successful interview, a satisfactory reference from your school or employer and evidence that you will be a committed student.
16 - 18 Years: Free
- Salon Manager
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.