English Literature GCSE Resit at Wyke Sixth Form College
This course is for anyone who has a keen interest in reading. The department has a strong conviction that the study of literature should centre on students developing an informed personal response to a range of texts in the genres of:
EXAM 1 (35% 2HRS)
Prose (different cultures) and poetry (contemporary)
Section A – INDIVIDUAL TEXTS IN CONTEXT
- To Kill a Mockingbird
Section B – COMPARATIVE STUDY
- Contemporary: Unseen poetry comparison, the preparation for which will include the study of at least fifteen contemporary poems.
Contemporary drama and literary heritage prose
Section A – Contemporary Drama:
- A View from the Bridge (Miller)
Section B – English/Welsh/Irish Literary Heritage Prose:
- Christmas Carol (Dickens)
Poetry and drama (literary heritage) – LINKED TEXTS
- English/Welsh/Irish literary heritage: Stipulated poetry from the WJEC GCSE poetry collection, and a play by Shakespeare (Romeo & Juliet OR The Taming of the Shrew)
This course is for students who may or may not have studied English Literature before:
- If a student has already achieved a D grade for GCSE English Literature, and has a keen interest in reading, they are able to gain access to this course in order to improve upon that grade.
- If a student has not taken GCSE English Literature before, the department would require them to have a D grade in GCSE English Language and a keen interest in reading, in order to gain access to the course.
Students who successfully pass their single level two year at Wyke can look to progress onto level three at the College or use their qualifications to access another course, apprenticeship or employment opportunity offered by another provider.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.