Accounting AAT Level 2 Certificate at Seevic College
Interested in a career in Accounting? This Level 2 course is your ideal starting point.
Accountants are needed in all walks of life – working in the very smallest and the very largest of businesses. Wealthy individuals and celebrities also need accountants to keep their affairs in order.
You will learn basic bookkeeping skills including double entry, how to categorise and analyse costs, how to use Sage software and the basic skills needed to work in accounting and finance.
You will also gain business communication, spreadsheet, payroll and study skills.
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Working Effectively in Finance.
AAT Foundation or four GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including GCSE English Language and Maths.
You will be taught basic bookkeeping concepts with an emphasis on the development of practical skills and the underlying theory.
You will complete four computer based assessments, which take place after the teaching of each unit has been completed. You will also complete an additional computer based assessment, which covers all the units you have studied.
- You will need to purchase your own textbooks at a cost of approximately £100. This allows you to customise your books as required, and to have a reference source which can be used in your future career.
- You will also need a non-programmable calculator and appropriate stationery, including ring binders and lined paper for note taking.
- There will also be course-related trips at a reasonable cost
After successfully completing the Level 2 AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting. You could progress to the Level 3 Advanced Diploma and then to Level 4. You can then practice as an Accountant, work in finance, study to become a Chartered Accountant or progress to Higher Education on an Accounting and/or Finance degree course.
Former students have gone on to work for both large and small accountancy practices in London and locally. Many have continued their studies at university, taking degrees in Accounting / Finance, while others have taken further professional examinations that secured their Chartered Accountant status.
You could progress to the Level 4 AAT Diploma as a part-time evening student or as part of an Apprenticeship at the College. Alternatively, you can study an Accounting/Finance based degree at university.
Employers will often agree to sponsor employees to study for the Level 4 Diploma as a part-time evening student, if you wish to continue your studies when you enter employment.
Former students have gone to work for both large and small accountancy practices in London and locally. Others have continued their studies at university taking degrees in Accounting / Finance, or have taken further professional examinations leading to Chartered Accountant status.
- You will gain practical skills valued by employers and will be well equipped to either find employment as a bookkeeper or continue with your studies at Level 3 and 4, both of which can lead to a range of university degree courses or further accounting studies including ACCA and CIMA qualifications.
- A period of work experience will be built into your course so that you can gain practical experience in your chosen area and practice and develop your skills.
- Many of your tutors will be practising accountants or former finance professionals, who are able to bring real-life examples into their teaching and discuss your chosen career path with you.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.