Triple BTEC in Performing Arts at Blackpool Sixth Form College
BTEC Performing Arts is the perfect course to study if you want to go on to work in the entertainment industry – prospective actors, presenters and other performers will gain a great deal from this course which will develop all your performance skills.
This course is available as a Level 3 BTEC Diploma (equivalent to 2 A levels) or Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A levels)
- Different styles of acting (from Physical Theatre to Realism)
- Improvisation and scripted drama
- Devising (creating original drama)
- Theatre for children
- Movement and vocal skills for all performers
- Understanding the performing arts business
- You will develop a range of skills from research and development through to rehearsal and performance
GCSE or BTEC in relevant subject is recommended (ideally Drama/Performing Arts but Dance also considered) but where students have not had the option to study this at school other aspects will be considered. You may be asked to perform a short practical audition to assess suitability.
100% coursework, with performances, logbooks and essays all contributing to your final grade.
Exam board: Edexcel
The course can lead to higher performing arts qualifications at university or drama school leading towards a diverse range of careers such as acting, directing, drama therapy, stage management, technical theatre, scriptwriting, teaching, media or journalism.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.