BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Music (Performance) at Holmer Green Senior School
The main purpose of the BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Music Performance is to allow learners to develop the core specialist knowledge, understanding and skills essential for a successful performance. For example, learners will study music performance techniques in order to improve their own skills.
- Music Performance Techniques incorporating solo and ensemble performances.
- Pop Music In Practise – researching and performing pieces from the 1950s to the present day.
- Planning a Musical Event – researching what is involved in event management and holding an event.
- Working as a Musical Ensemble.
- Solo Music Performance Skills.
- The Music Project - a larger event than in year one.
GCSE Music B or above/Grade 5 equivalent on their chosen instrument.
The course is 100% coursework. There will be written assignments and projects to support the performing, but the main assessments will be solo or group performances which are performed to an audience. A practice diary will be a useful tool for students to complete.
Grades are awarded on a Pass, Merit or Distinction basis, equivalent to a grade E, C and A at A level. Although the course is ideally for two years to obtain an A level equivalent, it is possible to complete one year of the course and gain an AS equivalent.
The BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Music is a highly respected route for those students who wish to move into employment in the music industry or onto further music study at university.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmer Green Senior School directly.