Sport (Football Coaching) - Level 2 Certificate at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
This course has been developed in conjunction with Mansfield Town Football in the Community, who support the delivery of football programmes in the local area. This partnership will ensure that you will get real life experiences of coaching/delivering football coaching sessions in local schools and football events which are supported and organised by high-level coaches at Mansfield Town Football in the Community. This programme offers an insight into the football coaching process, related issues in sports science, planning, conducting and evaluating coaching sessions. There is a strong emphasis on practical work, with a supplementary modular theory approach.
The course units include:
- Health, safety and welfare in sport and active leisure
- Set up, take down and store sport equipment
- Lead sport and leisure activities to a range of participants
- Safeguarding and protecting young people
- Working with disabled participants
- Plan, deliver and evaluate sporting activities
As part of the course you will be expected to complete a minimum of 20 hours work placement for 'on the job' training and assessment.
English and maths are a mandatory part of the course and you will be required to study these at the appropriate level, which will be determined by your previous achievements in these subjects. These qualifications are designed to enhance your employment opportunities and support you to progress.
- Four GCSEs with at least 3 points (grade D) including English and maths or Level 1 Functional Skills English and maths OR
- Either a Level 1 BTEC in Public Services or a Level 1 BTEC in Sport and Leisure.
- You will be expected to undertake a DBS check.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
- Practical observation
- Knowledge questioning/workbooks/tests
- Reflective accounts/written assignments
- Witness testimonies
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport.
Employment in the sport industry in a wide variety of roles.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.