Personal Training Diploma City & Guilds Level 3 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physical activity
- Design, manage and adapt a personal training programme with clients
- Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme
- Apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
Are you currently working in the fitness industry as an instructor or looking to build up a portfolio of your own clients?
Then this is the course for you.
This full-time qualification is for advanced instructors who are capable of planning, delivering and evaluating physical activity programmes independently and without direct supervision. It will help recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for work as a personal trainer.
This programme will appeal to those who have a keen interest in working in the UK health and fitness industry, or who may be looking to diversify and work with clients at a more advanced level.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses) OR
- Level 2 Exercise and Fitness in the context of gym or studio, or an ability to demonstrate Level 2 Anatomy / Physiology
- A minimum of 90% attendance and be punctual as well as positive in your everyday studies
- Prior to enrolment on this course you will need to complete an initial assessment in literacy and/or numeracy to help ensure that you are enrolled on the right course
- A satisfactory interview and practical assessment, police declarations, CRB and suitable references
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment along with all of the practical aspects you will need to participate fully in. This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress, it will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress onto a Level 4 HNC/HND programme here at City of Wolverhampton College
- Pursue a career as a personal fitness trainer in the health & fitness/leisure industry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.