Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Apprenticeship Level 3 at City College Coventry
This course is applicable to learning support staff whose role requires competence across a range of responsibilities. The frameworks provide training for the roles of teaching, classroom and learning support assistant. The apprenticeship will enable you to build on your knowledge and expertise in supporting learning. Relevant job roles include:
- Teaching Assistant
- Classroom Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Behaviour Support Assistant/Coordinator
- Pastoral/Welfare Support Assistant
- Bilingual Support Assistant
- Team Leader
The course is delivered in your workplace, however College attendance may be necessary for functional skills classes. You will be allocated a personal assessor who will guide and support you with training, assessment and portfolio building.
As well as earning a wage you will gain experience in a real work environment that may involve supporting an individual or a group of pupils, or supporting the teacher in the classroom. The apprenticeship will enable you to further develop the skills and knowledge that employers require as well as transferable skills such as English and Maths. Successful completion of the course will give you the potential for career progression to:
- Employment within primary, special and secondary schools in both the state and independent sectors
- Early Years Sector-Endorsed Foundation Degree
- Training and/or assessment against the Higher Level Teaching Assistant professional standards to achieve HLTA status
You will develop your skill and knowledge in a range of learning support related topics that include:
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Equality an Diversity
- Supporting Assessment for Learning
You need to be employed in a relevant role to join an Apprenticeship programme plus:
You will need to have obtained or working towards GCSEs Grade C or above in English and Maths, have successfully completed a relevant Level 2 course or have significant experience within a school environment to embark straight on the Level 3 Qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Coventry directly.