GEOGRAPHY A LEVEL (RPA) at Richmond Park Academy - RPA
In this diverse A Level geography course you will have the opportunity to investigate the consequences of tectonic movement and how the world has been affected by earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis. You will explore demographics and how places are changing. You will study ways of managing both river and coastal flooding and you will develop and practise essential and transferable skills in cartography, statistics, ICT and essay writing.
The exam board for Key Stage 5 is AQA course.
- Physical Geography (Written exam 40% 2 hours and 30 minutes)
- Carbon and Water Cycles
- Coastal Systems and landscapes
- Human Geography (Written exam 40% 2 hours and 30 minutes)
- Global Systems and Global Governance
- Changing places
- Population and the environment
- Geographical Investigation (Non-examined assessment 20%)
- Individual investigation of 3000-4000 words based on fieldwork.
Geography GCSE grade B or grade 6
Geography combines well with almost all A Level subjects and students with geography qualifications are highly sought after by top universities. For example, taken with subjects like mathematics, chemistry and biology, a geography A Level can open doors to degree courses in engineering, environmental science, geology and oceanography. When studied in tandem with English, French, economics or history, geography A-Level facilitates applications for economics, business, travel and tourism, law, the media and politics.
EXAM BOARD: AQA
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.