Business Level 3 BTEC Blocks A, B & D at Homewood School and Sixth Form Centre
This BTEC course is available as a:
• Level 3 Certificate - 180 credits – Equivalent to AS.
• Level 3 Extended Certificate - 360 credits – Equivalent to 1 A
• Level 3 Foundation Diploma - 540 credits – Equivalent to 1 A
As a single option in Year 1, you will complete 2 units for the
• Unit 1 – Exploring Business (Assessed via coursework) 90
• Unit 2 – Developing a Marketing Campaign (Assessed via
controlled conditions) 90 credits
As a double option in Year 2, in addition to the above you will
complete 2 more units for the Extended Certificate:
• Unit 3 – Personal and Business Finance (Assessed via exam)
• Unit 8 – Recruitment and selection (assessed via coursework)
To achieve higher levels of this qualification series i.e. Foundation
Diploma and above you complete up to 3 Controlled Conditions
units are more optional coursework units.
This course offers a qualification for employment or further
learning in business related sectors.
5 GCSEs grades at 9 to 4 including English and Maths. Successful completion of a Level
2 Business course would be beneficial but not essential. If Business has been studied
before then a C is desired, a conversation is required with the Principal Teacher.
The course covers all aspects of business and with further training
you may wish to specialise and study a professional qualification in
your chosen area such as Marketing, Retail or Customer Service.
The course provides a work related programme of study so
you could go straight into a job as it helps you develop the skills,
understanding and knowledge that many employers are looking for.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.