Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care at SBC Training
This apprenticeship is for social care workers who are currently or about to commence working within adult social care. The apprenticeship is a flexible qualification with a choice of pathways suitable for all provisions of Health and Social Care. The apprenticeship will develop knowledge and skills enabling learners to deliver quality care.
- Level 2 Award Employment Rights and Responsibilities - This ensures learners have an understanding of workplace rights and responsibilities.
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care - This qualification provides supporting knowledge towards the Diploma in Health and Social care
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care - This qualification supports learners to build knowledge and understanding to develop performance in the workplace.
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT will be embedded into the apprenticeship at the appropriate level.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) - Generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work; these are integrated into the apprenticeship.
- Meeting the communication and language needs of individuals
- Providing person centred care
- Safeguarding and responding to alleged abuse
- Own responsibilities relating to health and safety practice
- Diversity, equality and inclusion
- How duty of care contributes to safe practice
Following enrolment, learners engage in a blended programme of training and support that may include attendance at group training sessions and a mixture of on-line and face to face support from their trainer/assessor. It is vital that learners have access to a computer and the internet to use their online portfolio and facilitate self-directed learning.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact SBC Training directly.