Applied Law BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at NewVIc
This course gives you an introduction to the practical side of the law. If you are interested in the different types of crimes, how laws are made and applied, and are self-motivated and able to meet coursework deadlines, then this programme could meet your needs.
The course will focus on:
- how criminal and civil courts are structured
- how Law is made
- specialist units covering homicide, police powers, aspects of legal liability and property offences
On the course you will:
- visit a local court
- have talks from legal professionals
- give group and individual presentations
- examine case studies and previous judgements
Four or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language (grade 9-5).
You will be assessed by assignment work; there are no examinations. These assignments will require you to write reports, give presentations and take part in role play activities.
You can choose from various options after completing your studies, including progressing to university to study Law or another subject. Alternatively, you may decide to go straight into employment.
The one-year Certificate is equivalent to an AS-level. The two-year Subsidiary Diploma is equivalent to an A-level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.