Professional Cookery C&G NVQ Diploma Level 2 at Tower Hamlets College
This qualification is aimed at individuals who wish to work as chefs in the catering and hospitality sector. You will gain knowledge and experience in a wide range of high quality cooking skills, kitchen operations, costs and menu planning, investigating the
catering and hospitality industry, Health and safety and production of a variety of dishes.
All of the work takes place in our training kitchen where you will have the opportunity to prepare meals for sale in the Canary View Restaurant.
- Health & Safety
- Creating a Positive Impression
- Working Within a Team
- Food Safety – Preparation, storage, handling and serving
- Table Service
- Counter Service
- Produce a range of Dishes
- Planning a Menu
- Kitchen Operations
Included in this qualification are online tests, coursework and practical assessment. It is designed to equip students with the skills you need for the working world. We also support your study through Functional Skills in Maths & English.
- 3 GCSEs at Grade D or above
- You will have an interview, where you will need to demonstrate your enthusiasm for the subject as well as your future career plans and aspirations
- Progress to a Level 3 course
- Employment in catering, hospitality, leisure and tourism industries
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tower Hamlets College directly.