Chemistry at Wickersley School and Sports College
This subject will be offered in Option Block B
Chemistry sometimes is called the “central science” because it connects other sciences to each other, such as biology, physics, geology and environmental science. It’s a great stepping stone to pure science university degrees and essential for other courses like medicine and dentistry.
As well as practical knowledge of the subject, chemistry students develop many other skills prized by employers such as problem-solving, numeracy, communication, creativity and data analysis. Gaining these skills means that you can have a future in all sorts of careers from finance to public relations.
- Module 1 – Development of practical skills
- Module 2 – Foundations in chemistry
- Module 3 – Periodic table and energy
- Module 4 – Core organic chemistry
- Module 5 – Physical chemistry and transition elements
- Module 6 – Organic chemistry and analysis.
5 A*-C GCSEs or Equivalent
Chemistry can lead you to a career based in science for example:
- Analytical chemist
- Chemical engineer
- Healthcare scientist,
- clinical biochemistry
- Forensic scientist
- Research scientist (physical sciences)
- An accountant
- Environmental consultant
- Science writer
- Secondary school teacher
- A public sector worker
- A doctor, nurse, midwife or other healthcare professional
Please consult our Option Blocks before making your selection.
To find out more about this qualification, contact us at email@example.com.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.