Agriculture Intermediate Diploma at Derby College
Keen to learn more about topics such as tractor and machinery operation, grass and forage crop husbandry, cattle, sheep, pigs and livestock nutrition, health and welfare? Interested in developing your skills to work safely and effectively on a farm? Then this course is for you.
- Land-based Business Studies
- Work Experience
- Functional Skills
- GCSE grade D or above in English and Science, plus two other academic GCSEs at grade E
- An ability to organise written work
- A keen interest in farming
- Preferably some experience of tractor driving. If you do not have any or much tractor driving experience, the College can help provide this for you before you start the course.
You must have a minimum of a Merit grade to progress to an Advanced Diploma.
Continuous assessment will take place over the whole year, with both practical and theoretical tasks.
You will be involved in a range of practical and theoretical learning activities as well as completing a minimum of six weeks of work experience.
You will need to provide your own steel toe-capped boots, working clothes and writing materials. Full details will be provided nearer to enrolment date.
You could also use this qualification to enable you to progress to an
advanced course. However, you must have a minimum of a Merit
grade to progress to the Advanced Diploma.
This course aims to develop the practical skills, knowledge and
personal qualities needed to prepare you for employment on a farm.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.