A-Level Computer Science at UTC@harbourside
- The characteristics of contemporary processors, input, output and storage devices
- Software and software development
- Exchanging data
- Data types, data structures and algorithms
- Legal, moral, cultural and ethical issues
Algorithms and Programming
- Elements of computational thinking
- Problem solving and programming
The candidate will choose a computing problem to work through according to the guidance in the specification.
- Analysis of the problem
- Design of the solution
- Developing the solution
American Express has expressed an interest becoming involved in supporting the programming project.
GCSE grade 6 or above in Mathematics, grade B or above in Computer Science if taken at GCSE.
Computer Systems: Written 2h 30m 40%
Algorithms and programming: Written 2h 30m 40%
Programming Project: 20%
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.