Spa & Body Therapies Level 3 Diploma at Eastleigh College
You will gain an insight into the career prospects of beauty therapy when we visit the industrys largest beauty exhibition in London and you will be invited to participate in Industry Week.
The College also has visiting speakers from major health farms and cruise line companies. In order to gain industry experience, you will undertake one week of work experience.
The programme covers a range of advanced spa treatments and skills, which include:
- Spa treatments; body wraps, wet and dry treatments flotation, sauna, steam, hydrotherapy
- Monitor and maintain spa area
- Provide thermal auricular therapy
- Provide Indian head massage
- Apply stone therapy massage
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Customer service
- Additional college certificates in bamboo massage and poultice
- You will need Level 3 Beauty Therapy, or an equivalent qualification. Tutors will be able to advise you if previous qualifications are suitable and accepted upon application.
- All students are required to attend an interview and a trades test to demonstrate professional knowledge and skills. The offer of a place will also depend on previous knowledge, experience, attendance and attainment reports from previous education.
- Any student without a GCSE at grade A*-C in English or Maths will be required to continue study in this area, either through GCSE or Functional Skills. The pathway followed is dependent on the grade achieved at GCSE, screening and intended progression.
Your theory and practical work will be continually assessed throughout the programme and a portfolio will be built up containing assignments, projects, practical observations, external exams and case studies.
Students are expected to meet set industry and professional standards to pass practical observations. Your lecturer will support you through this process and offer regular feedback to ensure standards are met.
You will require a uniform with shoes, costing approximately £65.You will also require equipment to support your practice kit, costing approximately £150.
Additional fees may include trips and industry qualifications offered during Industry Week or other part-time courses.
Students may wish to gain specialist treatment knowledge by continuing their studies with the Level 3 Spa and Body Treatments programme to increase employment opportunities and increase management possibilities, or to help set up their own business.
For students choosing to go into employment instead, the range of opportunities available includes working in a spa (both nationally and internationally), beauty salon, health farm, health centre, cruise ship or self-employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.