Business - BTEC Subsidiary Diploma at Bedlingtonshire Community High School
The course consists of four compulsory core units plus two specialist units. The main areas which you will study in the core units are:
- Exploring Business Activity which looks at business ownership, aims, business structure and departments, and the external environment.
- Managing the business’s resources including human, physical and financial
- Marketing - looks at the principles of successful marketing
- People - looks at the importance of employing the right people, of good communication and using information effectively.
In addition the two optional units will cover a wide range of topics and give greater depth in certain areas.
- You will need to be motivated to work hard and progress work on a steady basis. Completing six units means that you can’t just leave work until later in the course.
- You will need good written communication skills as much of the assessment will be of your written work. You will need to be organised and able to research information independently.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedlingtonshire Community High School directly.