Women's Hairdressing - Level 2 Diploma at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
During this course you will study a range of units in all aspects of the industry including client care, styling, dressing and finishing hair, cutting, perming and colouring. You will also learn about health and safety, and promoting services and products.
- Working in the industry
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Client consultation
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Promote products and services
- Cut women’s hair
- Colour and lighten hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Create an image based on a theme
- Scalp massage
- GCSE English Language with at least 4 points (grade C) or equivalent
- Plus a dexterity test, attendance at a one-day 'welcome day' during July and August or attendance at summer school if a progressing learner.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
You will be assessed by an ongoing theory and practical assessment that will be carried out on paying clients within the commercial salon. You will collate and present an evidence portfolio for assessment and you will also be assessed through exams set by the awarding body. All practical assessments are graded pass, merit and distinction.
What can I go on to study?
- Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- Level 2 Diploma in Barbering
- Level 2 Hair and Media Make-up
- Hairdressers and barbers
- Hairdressing and beauty salon managers and proprietors
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.