Travel and Tourism AS at Ysgol Maes y Gwendraeth
Why study Travel and Tourism?
- To seek employment within the travel and tourism or related industries.
- To develop an understanding of the scale and importance of the travel and tourism industry.
- To develop a broad interest in travel and tourism and the issues affecting the development of the industry.
- The nature and characteristics of travel and tourism
- The structure of the UK travel and tourism industry.
- The development of the UK travel and tourism industry.
T&T1: Introducing Travel & Tourism
- Defining Travel & Tourism.
- The development of Travel & Tourism.
- Sectors of the Travel & Tourism industry and their interdependence
T&T2:Tourism Destinations (Portfolio)
- The characteristics of tourist destinations.
- Destination appeal.
- Trends in popularity
- Tourist area life cycle
- 20% of A Level
- Written paper of short and extended structured questions
- 30% of A Level
- Portfolio based on two tourist destinations, one in the UK and one in Europe.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Maes y Gwendraeth directly.