Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Level 3) at Central College Nottingham
This qualification covers the technical needs for today’s motor vehicle repair industry, including the diagnosis of complex system faults. It provides essential knowledge for service technicians working on light vehicles (cars and vans) in all types of garages, dealerships and maintenance depots. Students study both theory and practical aspects to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
Units studied include:
- Diagnose and Rectify Light Vehicle Engine and Component Faults
- Diagnose and Rectify Light Vehicle Chassis System Faults
- Remove and Replace Chassis Units and Components
- Remove and Replace Electrical Auxiliary Units and Components
- Contribute to Workplace Housekeeping
- Make Sure Your Own Actions Reduce Risks to Health and Safety
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 2 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-C
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-C, we may accept one of them at Grade D in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-C. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ with relevant industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
The course assessment is made up of three elements:
- Portfolio of Evidence in Skills
- Knowledge of Practical Tasks
- Online Testing
- Level 4 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Master Technician)
- Employment in the Automotive industry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.