BTEC Travel & Tourism Level 3 Diploma at Havelock Academy
The subject is designed to provide an all-round introduction to the travel and tourism industry. Studying the course:
- Will help you develop the customer service skills you would need when working within the industry.
- Will help you to become better organisers and enable you to develop the skill to meet deadline dates.
- Gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills you need to prepare as preparation for employment.
Students study the following subjects for the Subsidiary Diploma (1A-level equivalent)
- Investigating Travel and Tourism
- The Business of Travel and Tourism
- The UK as a Destination
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- The European Travel Market
- Long-haul Travel Destinations
Students may also study seven more subjects to complete the full Diploma (worth 2 A-levels)
- Working as a Holiday Representative
- Preparing for Employment
- Retail Travel Operations
- Working as a Children’s Representative
- Events Conferences and Exhibitions
- UK Visitor Attractions
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and maths.
The course is assessed through portfolio work during the academic year which is Externally Verified by the examining body.
The BTEC Subsidiary Diploma is equivalent to one A Level and the BTEC Diploma is equivalent to two A levels and many students go on to study a degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management, or specialise in Tourism with Marketing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havelock Academy directly.