Beauty Therapy Level 3 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
A career in Beauty Therapy could be your passport to new and exciting employment prospects especially with a Level 3 qualification. This course is a progression route for students who have successfully completed the Level
2 Beauty Therapy course. It will further develop the theoretical and practical skills that you have previously gained and provide training to improve your career opportunities and knowledge. Units range from self tanning treatments to business management.
On completion of this course you can enter the workplace or go on to study at degree level.
What will I be doing on the course?
- Facial Electrotherapy, Body Electrotherapy, Micro Dermabrasion, Body Massage and Self Tan
- Health and Safety, client care and promoting and selling products
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Functional skills, Maths and English or GCSE Maths and English
- Self-directed study
- You will have successfully achieved a Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification and have a passion and flair for the beauty therapy industry
- You will have a good understanding of human biology, excellent customer care skills, a high standard of personal presentation, good communication skills and be understanding and sympathetic
- If progressing from a Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification you must have demonstrated good attendance and timekeeping
- A good level of fitness will be of benefit as this course is physically demanding
Males have traditionally been under represented on this course. We would welcome and encourage applications from men.
- Your theory and practical knowledge will be assessed formatively throughout the year by your tutors, in preparation for a formal end of year assessment/exam covering practical and theory knowledge. (Internal and external moderation).
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Further training at HRC: Nail Technology, Hairdressing
- Higher education- Foundation Degree in Beauty Therapy
- Employment in Industry
- 60 hours work placement in the beauty industry
- Dermalogica product and retail sales training
- Educational trip abroad (not compulsory and may incur additional costs)
- Enrichment activities: advanced waxing, lash extensions, minx nails, hands free massage (may incur additional costs)
- Compulsory enrichment: industry guest speakers/employment opportunities
What will I need?
A course book costing £91.00 is in addition to the course cost. Compulsory uniform is required and can be purchased through the department.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.