Government & Politics A Level at Harlow College
Do you trust politicians? At a time when few people are engaged in politics and voting in elections is at an all-time low, now is the time to take a look at the underlying issues and ideas. Using a wide variety of teaching and learning styles, including teacher input, discussions and activities, you'll have a chance to study political ideologies such as liberalism, conservatism, socialism and anarchism, plus other ideological traditions such as nationalism, feminism, ecologism and multiculturalism.
A trip to Parliament is included as part of the course and conferences will be attended and guest speakers brought in where appropriate.
- Unit 1 – People and Politics
- Unit 2 – Governing the UK A2
- Unit 3 – Introducing Political Ideologies, liberalism, conservation, socialism, anarchism
- Unit 4 – Other ideological traditions, nationalism, feminism, ecologism, multiculturalism
- A minimum of 7 GCSEs at grade A*-C
- An average GCSE point score of 45 from your 7 best subjects including a Maths, English and a Science grade
- GCSE in English at grade B or above
Assessed by exam only
Stationery and recommended textbook TBA
You could progress to study this or a similar subject at university. The knowledge gained here is also directly relevant to careers in Social Studies, Social Policy, Social Research, Public Administration, Public Relations, Journalism, Business Studies, Law and Marketing. Possible employment areas are the Civil Service; pressure groups; charities; political parties; parliament; regional assemblies; local government; law; journalism; business; teaching.
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.