Agriculture (Livestock Production) - Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Easton & Otley College
This programme combines sound understanding with technical skills, building on the livestock experience and knowledge already gained in industry.
The objectives of the course are to ensure the further development of practical and supervisory skills & related background knowledge including health and safety issues and procedures.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 3 Diploma in Work Based Agriculture (Livestock Production)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Math’s
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- First Aid & 1 other additional employment related qualification
Course Content Includes:
- Maintain and monitor animal feed & water
- Manage & monitor animal health, welfare & husbandry
- Manage grasslands
- Manage the care of young animals
- Promote and monitor health and safety
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 3 vocational qualifications.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
One day per week at college, supported with assessment in the workplace
Apprentices successfully completing the Advanced Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto Higher Apprenticeship in Agriculture or other Higher Education courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.