Electrical Installations Level 2 Diploma at Milton Keynes College
Have you completed your Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installation and do you want to progress and have a keen interest in going into the construction industry? Then this intense very but enjoyable course could be for you.
This is also ideal if you wish to enter the electrical installation industry, but do not have the required job to enrol on an apprenticeship course.
You will study units covering the following:
- Electrical fabrication skills
- Electrical circuit design
- Wiring of lighting and power circuits
- Single and three phase concepts
- Conduit and trunking in metal and plastic
- Magnetism and alternating current theory
- Health and Safety
- Scientific Principles
- Testing of completed circuits
- GCSE Maths and English.
Completion of Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installation.
Mature students without the entry criteria are welcome to apply and will be considered on an individual basis.
You will be continually assessed throughout the course through set project work, assignments and online exams.
You will also have to do an online exam. GCSEs and Functional Skills are assessed by exams, some of which are online and you will be given guidance and support to achieve these.
You can progress to one of the following:
- A Level 3 electrical apprenticeship upon successfully gaining a suitable job with a trade based employer
- A Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation. (Not currently offered by MK College)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.