Hospitality and Catering Level 1 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in hospitality and catering?
Could you benefit from an introductory course, with plenty of hands-on learning?
This course allows you to develop essential hospitality and food preparation skills, as well as learning about food safety. This will ensure that you have the knowledge and skills required to progress onto the next level of study or to enter employment.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Theory sessions
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment
- You will be required to attend an interview.
- You must be willing to learn new skills.
- Attention to timekeeping, personal presentation and attendance are essential.
- You will be expected to purchase kit, uniform and books, costing approximately £280 (subject to change). Help towards this cost may be available through grants
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- A series of practical tasks
- Practical checklists to explain your work
- Knowledge and research tasks
Completion of this course can lead to a number of options in education and employment. You could move directly into employment and apply your knowledge and skills in the workplace. You are encouraged to gain work experience during this course, and may be able to secure a full position when you finish.
Alternatively, you may choose to progress onto a Level 2 course, where you can further develop your skills and knowledge in this field. You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Hospitality and Catering Level 2, available at:
- Professional Cookery Level 2, available at:
- Bar Manager
- Conference & Events Manager
- Hotel Manager
Programme code: 0704B01B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.