Hairdressing Level 2 at Sir John Gleed School
This course is for students wanting to gain knowledge of the hairdressing industry leading to becoming competent stylists. For NVQ Level 2 nine units have to be achieved gaining 54 credits. The qualification you will be working towards is recognised throughout the industry. There may be the opportunity to enhance your qualification with additional optional units. The course duration is one year.
Mandatory (core) units:
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Advise and consult with clients
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Shampoo and condition hair and scalp
- Style, dress and finish hair using basic techniques
- Change hair colour using basic techniques
Optional units may include:
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Promote additional products or services to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
Level 2—4 GCSE A* - G
Successful students can look forward to gaining employment within the hairdressing industry.
Students who complete Level 2 Hairdressing can progress to Level 3 or similar courses for example an apprenticeship
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sir John Gleed School directly.