Plumbing Level 2 at North Notts College (NNC)
About this Course
This one year course is designed to provide you with the broad knowledge, understanding and skills to become a qualified plumber.
What will I study?
- Cold water systems, hot water systems, sanitation, central heating systems and drainage systems
- Various plumbing techniques
- Installation of various pipework, materials and components
- Develop your practical skills and use of craft tools
- If you have not achieved GCSE grade C in English and maths you will study Functional Skills
What are the entry requirements?
- Level 1 qualification in plumbing
- GCSE grade C in maths, however other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Regular assessment by a range of tutor assessed practical assignments
- Online knowledge tests
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Short industry-standard courses
- Trainee Plumber
Why study here?
- You will learn in state-of-the-art facilities using industry-standard equipment based in our specialist Skills Centre in Shireoaks
- You will participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills Competitions and Inter-college Challenges
- We work in close partnership with local businesses such as Willmott Dixon and Kier Group
- You will undertake work experience and meet with key employers in the trade
You will require to be equipped with PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.