Cambridge Technicals ICT Diploma (Double Award) & Careers Ready at Garforth Academy
The Diploma covers a broad range of the ICT. All assessment is via coursework and contains no exams. The Diploma is a great industry recognised qualification that covers all areas of ICT. Students also get the chance to apply for the Careers Ready scheme.
The Careers ready programme links students with the world of work and offers for the following.
• Places students with a mentor from business
• Visits to industry
• Trip to London
• Master Classes
• Paid internship
• Communication & Employability Skills for IT Learn how ICT is used in everyday life and how it benefits us
• Information Systems Develop skills in creating a range of systems
• Website Design Learn how to create a website and the theory behind it • Database Develop database development skills
• It Technical Support Understand the role of a technician and develop the skills required
. Mobile technology Understand how mobile technology is shaping the future
• Computer Games Platforms Look at the history of gaming and the future!
• Graphics Develop your graphics skills in Photoshop
• Multimedia Understand how to use a range of Multimedia from video editing to animation
• Project Planning Learn to plan and manage a project
• Spreadsheet Modelling Develop spreadsheet development skills
• Web Animation Develop skills in creating animations for the web
5 GCSEs at Grades 9-4
Grade 4 or above in GCSE English Language Grade C GCSE ICT (if taken)
All coursework based.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.