Motor Vehicle IMI Diploma Level 3 at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
Aimed at taking you further- the Level 3 Diploma will help you to acquire advanced level specialist technical practical skills across the range of systems and components found on modern light vehicles.
The course is intended to support progression directly into employment in the motor industry. The course also provides the necessary qualification that enables entry into Associate Membership of the Institute of the Motor Industry Professional Body (AMIMI).
Successful completion of the Level 3 Diploma will ensure that you can complete diagnosis and repair faults on complex vehicle systems.
A challenging blend of knowledge and skills are taught throughout the year to enable you to deal with technical challenges found in the workplace. You’ll spend time in the workshop, classroom and dedicated fault diagnosis area with a range of highly knowledgeable and experienced specialist staff.
The Level 3 Diploma includes units in:
- Advanced chassis technology
- Advanced engine technology
- Advanced transmission technology
- Advanced electrical and electronic technology
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (to include maths and English) or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 2 qualification at Merit grade e.g. Level 2 Diploma Motor Vehicle
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area.
The qualification is assessed using a range of methods appropriate for this level of technical qualification including practical skills assessments, written assignments and online tests.
This qualification helps provide entry into a range of employment opportunities within the retail motor industry:
- Diagnostic Technician
- Qualified Technician
- Employment with independent or franchised dealerships and repairers
- MOT tester
- Roles within the retail motor industry
Study options may include:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle (as a recognised knowledge qualification within the IMI Maintenance and Repair Framework)
- Progress to higher education courses
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.