Retail Apprenticeship Intermediate Level 2 at Derwentside College
An Intermediate Apprenticeship in Retail is suitable for you if you are interested in the fast moving world of retail.
Apprenticeship programmes are available throughout the year.
The Intermediate Apprenticeship programme requires achievement of the following qualifications:
- NVQ in Retail Skills (Level 2)
- Certificate in Retail Knowledge( Level 2)
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
- Recognition of Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Knowledge of Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- All learners starting an Intermediate Apprenticeship programme must be employed in the relevant vocational area at the start of their programme.
- An offer may be made subject to successful Initial Basic Skills Assessment which demonstrates at least working towards Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy.
- If the learner is assessed at below this level, an offer may be made on condition that the learner attends support workshops to achieve the required skills level.
Other elements of the course are assessed via successful achievement of workbooks and examinations.
The aim of the programme is to equip individuals with the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to secure employment in the retail sector. Opportunities may exist for Intermediate Apprentices to progress to a higher level apprenticeship in retail.
Opportunities arise for retail assistants across a broad range of the Retail Sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derwentside College directly.