Health & Social Care Advanced Apprenticeship Diploma - Work Based at Eastleigh College
This qualification is aimed at learners aged 16+, working within health and social care. It confirms competence for roles such as:
- senior care assistant and support worker in residential settings, domiciliary services, or day services
- senior healthcare assistant and support worker in community and primary care environments
- senior support worker in supported living projects
- community-based care assistant/ support worker/key worker, including in specialist areas, e.g. dementia, learning disabilities.
The Advanced Apprenticeship in Health and Social care consists of 4 element:
- Health and Social care NVQ
- Health and Social Care technical certificate
- Employers Right and Responsibility unit
- functional skills in maths and English at level 2.
The Mandatory units are:
- Promote communication
- Engage in personal development
- Promote equality and inclusion
- Principles for implementing duty of care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person centred approaches
- Promote and implement health and safety
- Promote good practice in handling information
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Once you have enrolled onto the programme you will be assigned an assessor that will visit you in the workplace regularly.
- complete assessment plans and reviews with you to keep you on target.
- support you in the collection of the required evidence needed for your qualification through different assessment methods such as; professional discussion, observations, written questions, verbal questions, witness statements and any assignments.
Higher Apprenticeship in Care Leadership and Management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.