Music Performance Level 3 Diploma at Cirencester College
This course will stimulate you to explore the work of a range of artists and generate your own ideas through practical and written work. You will be introduced to a broad variety of materials and techniques, and encouraged to experiment with them to develop ideas and produce final pieces.
· perform as part of a live band and learn new songs each week
· learn how to improvise
· perform as a soloist (music performance techniques)
· study music theory, ear training, rhythm studies and sight reading
· You will plan and organise your own end of year gig at a public venue.
· study your main instrument in a series of one to one instrument classes
The course will suit those of you that have several years experience on a chosen instrument and have an interest in performing a range of musical styles with the aim of improving both your practical ability and your general knowledge of music.
You will need 5 GCSEs passes at grade A to C (inclusive of English Language and Mathematics) a good level of musicianship. We assess your musical experience by way of audition..
BTEC in Music Performance leads to the further study of contemporary music and music technology at Higher National Diploma, Foundation and Bachelors Degree levels. It may also help you on your way to a career as a musical performer, session musician, songwriter, music teacher, journalist, band manager, producer and sound engineer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cirencester College directly.