Supporting Teaching and Learning (L2) Certificate at Stanmore College
Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools provides an Introduction to working with children and young people in primary, secondary and special schools.
This qualification will help learners to develop their knowledge and skills for supporting teaching & learning in schools.
Who the course is aimed at:
The qualification is suitable for people working in senior roles that support pupils' learning in schools.
Learners will need to be working or in a placement in a school where they are in this role at least6 hours/week for the length of this course.
You will cover the following units during your course:
- children and young person development.
- safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- help improve own and team practice in schools.
- maintain and support relationships with children and young people.
- support children and young people's health and safety.
- support children and young people's positive behaviour.
- support learning activities.
- schools as organisations.
No previous classroom experience, but a letter of support from the placement, which has to be in Year 1 or above, for a role of a Teaching Assistant. 6 hours in placement/week for the length of the course.
You need to bring a letter from your School confirming your role as a Teaching Assistant.
You need GCSE Grade C or above in English OR Level 1 or above in Literacy (please bring your certificates with you when you are invited for an interview).
If you do not have any of the above, then you will be doing an Initial Assessment during the interview.
The course will be taught over 30 weeks and will be assessed using assignments and work-based practice including observations.
Teaching assistants, learning support assistants, special needs assistants in primary, secondary and special schools.
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting & Teaching in Schools.
- Level 3 Diploma for Children & Young People's Workforce Development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stanmore College directly.