Children's Play, Learning & Development BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at Carmel College, a Catholic Academy
BTEC Nationals in Children’s Play, Learning and Development are qualifications designed for use in colleges, schools and the workplace as level 3 courses for learners aged 16 years or over wanting to study in the context of the early years sector.
This qualification will:
- Enable you to make an informed judgement of your suitability to a career in the early years sector
- Enable you to recognise and work towards acquiring the skills and abilities which enhance promotion and career prospects within the early years sector
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate is broadly equivalent to one A Level
This course is delivered using a mixture of practical, work-related and theoretical tasks and activities. It is mainly classroom based.
- Course Child Development*
- Play and Learning
- Development of children’s communication, Literacy and Numeracy Skills*
- Children’s Physical Development, Care and Health Needs
You are to plan, research and prepare a PowerPoint that shows your understanding of Play. Stages of play are largely based around the child’s age or stage of development. Types of play are based around the activities/games that they are doing. I would like you to produce a presentation on the importance of play for the development of a child. You are to research what Play is; The different STAGES of play and different TYPES of play PowerPoints need to be approximately 10 slides, include speaker notes to expand on slide detail. This is an area of research that you will be going on to develop further in this course. You will be graded on your presentation, evidence of research, standard of English, and understanding of play…...ENJOY!
Portfolio based with a variety of assessment methods: practical, written, verbal, video witness
BTEC Level 3 Nationals in Children’s Play, Learning and Development offer learners the opportunity to study a broad selection of early years related topics. They can be used to help you enter many different vocational settings. Once you have completed your studies, you will be able to apply for a wide variety of jobs.
These may include:
- working in children’s day nurseries
- working in schools
- working with children with learning difficulties
- working in pre-schools
- working with children in home-based care
- working in Children Centres
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carmel College, a Catholic Academy directly.