Community Sports Leadership Level 2 Award at Chew Valley School
The qualification focuses on generic leadership skills such as organisation, planning, communication and teamwork. It is a fun and practical based course and is increasingly acknowledged by Colleges, Universities and Employers as an indication of a students positive attitude and commitment.
The Level 2 award in Community Sports Leadership is a nationally recognised qualification that allows successful candidates to lead groups of people in sport/ activity, under indirect supervision. Candidates will complete a first aid qualification valid for three years, and once the guided learning hours are finished they must complete 10 hours of voluntary service within a local community club.
Students who have an interest in sport and working with young people.
- Plan lead and evaluate a sport/activity session.
- Developing leadership skills—Leading 3 progressive sessions
- Lead a session to improve fitness.
- Adapting sports activities.
- Establish and maintain a safe sport/activity session.
- Organise and deliver a sports event or competition—organising & running of Year 2 Tag Tails tournament and Year 5/6 High Fives Tournament
- Pathways in sport and recreation.
- 10 hours of volunteering in a local club
- An opportunity to volunteer at the Bath Half Marathon will also be available.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chew Valley School directly.