Engineering BTEC Level 3 National Diploma at The Bourne Academy
This course is broadly equivalent to 1.5 A-levels and has been designed to allow students to study Engineering alongside AS and A2 qualifications.
During the course you will focus on the following areas within Engineering;
- Health and Safety within the Engineering workplace
- Mechanical principles and applications
- Electrical and Electronic principles and applications
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Drawing including Computer Aided Drafting
- Welding technology and principles
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
You are likely to study AS and A2 Maths and Science along with key elements of engineering at the Academy. This will allow you to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills through theoretical and practical application.
Also a proportion of your timetable will be based at an Engineering industry training provider. During these sessions you will be taught and expected to demonstrate key skills that are required and recognised by engineering employers.
x5 GCSE’s A*-C (including English and Maths) Although not essential it would be beneficial if you had studied either BTEC Engineering or GCSE Product Design,
Students who opt for this course are likely to continue directly into higher education to study engineering or similar at a degree level. Suitable university courses would include;
- Meng / Beng Mechanical Engineering
- Bsc (hons) Design Engineering
This course will also prepare students for engineering employment or level 4 apprenticeship schemes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Bourne Academy directly.