Physics A Level at Stockton Sixth Form College
Physics Why study Physics?
- I want to learn about the scientific principles behind today’s exciting technology n I want to study a course which is demanding but interesting
- I want a qualification that opens doors in a wide range of exciting careers
- It is an excellent starting point if I am considering a career in science, engineering or technology.
A study of the whole universe from quarks to black holes and quasars
- Year 1 covers familiar areas such as electricity and motion, and introduces new ideas like quantum physics and particle physics
- Year 2 takes the course into gravitational fields, electromagnetism and nuclear physics
- Year 2 of the course also includes a study of the physics of astronomy.
Stockton Sixth Form College prides itself on having options for students of different abilities, and would advise any prospective student interested in applying, whatever their predicted grades, to get in touch so that a suitable programme of study can be discussed.
The college has a flexible timetable whereby almost all combinations of subjects are possible. Students will be advised of any non-compatible subject choices, if appropriate, at enrolment.
The demand for students with a Physics qualification is very high and, therefore, nearly all students who achieve A-level Physics go on to university
Many universities offer bursaries of £3,000 to attract highachieving students taking Physics and/or Engineering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stockton Sixth Form College directly.